Discover the secrets to Ancestry.com success! This book will help you get the most out of your Ancestry.com subscription by showing you how to take advantage of all the world’s biggest genealogy website has to offer–and how to find answers to your family tree questions within its 14 billion records, 60 million family tree and 32,000 databases.
What you’ll learn:
- Step-by-step strategies for structuring your searches to find what you’re looking for faster
- How to drill down to specific records, time periods and topics using the card catalog
- Details on each of Ancestry.com’s historical record collections, including what you can expect to find in them–and when you need to look elsewhere
- Tips for creating and managing your family tree on Ancestry.com, as well as connecting your tree to others on the site
- Timesaving tricks to maximize your Ancestry.com Hints (the “shaky leaf”), Tree Sync with Family Tree Maker, and the Ancestry.com mobile app
Each chapter includes step-by-step examples with illustrations to show you exactly how to apply the techniques to your genealogy. Whether you’ve just begun dabbling in family history or you’re a longtime Ancestry.com subscriber, this book will turn you into an Ancestry.com power user!
Author: Nancy Hendrickson
Print – $17.49