Get the details at MyHeritage Blog.
Looking for an affordable tablet to take your research mobile? Right now the Amazon Fire tablet is on sale for $39.99! Not only that but accessories like memory cards, cases and screen protectors are on sale too. The tablet comes with 8GB of builtin memory and supports a memory card. Their 32GB card – normally $19.99 – is also on sale for $11.75.
There are a number of genealogy apps available in Amazon’s app store including RootsMagic viewer, Ancestry tree and FamilySearch tree. The built-in Kindle Reader gives you access to Amazon’s impressive catalog of genealogy books and magazines.
Are you looking for a gift that will really bring the family together? Then give the gift of computer software that unites families. And, as a RootsMagic customer, we’ve made it even easier for you by offering an amazing bundle including RootsMagic 7, Personal Historian 2, Getting the Most Out of RootsMagic 7, and Personal Historian 2: The Companion Guide (a $90 value) for as low as $25!
Details and Ordering Info: Special Holiday Offer for RootsMagic Users
Leading family history website, Findmypast, has just announced that they will be making their entire collection of military records free for four days to coincide with Veterans Day 2016.
From 04:00 EST, 10th November until 18:59 GMT, 13th November 2016, all 70 million records within Findmypast’s “Military, Armed Forces and Conflict” category will be completely free to search and explore, providing family historians from around the globe the opportunity to uncover the stories of the military heroes within their own family. This will include free access to:
- Over 43 million US and Canada military records
- Over 1.3 million United States Army enlistment records
- Over 1.1 million United States Civil War Pension File Index records
- Over 89,000 Revolutionary War Pensions
- Millions of Civil War soldiers, sailors, veterans and medal records.
- Millions of records covering US forces in Korea, Vietnam and WW2
- Over 26.4 million British military Records including the most comprehensive collection of British Army service records both for WW1 and pre WW1 – these multiple page documents were released in partnership with The National Archives and are packed with fascinating biographical details such as the names and addresses of next of kin, physical descriptions and character references from commanding officers
- The most comprehensive British Royal Navy and Royal Air Force collections available online
- Over 2.6 million POW records in our exclusive Prisoners of War 1715-1945 collection.
- Over 1.1 million WW2 casualty recordsSoldiers Died In The Great War 1914-1919 records
- Over 1.5 million medal index cards, memorial rolls and roll of honour records
- Military tribunal records – the records of thousands of men who attempted to avoid conscription
- Military Nurses 1856-1994 records
Learn more at http://www.findmypast.com/military-records.
If you’re just starting out on your family history adventure, then this is the package for you. For only $34.95 a year you can access over 2.9 billion records, including US birth, marriage and death records, US immigration and travel records, US newspapers and our collection of UK census records. Oh, and did we mention we’re also over 50% cheaper than our competitors?
Complete details at findmypast.com.
Experts at New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS) know the best resources for Irish genealogy and can teach you to use them effectively. During the Irish Resources FREE Access promotion from NEHGS—beginning Tuesday, August 2, and effective through midnight (EST) on Tuesday, August 9—Guest Users on AmericanAncestors.org can browse and use a wide variety of Irish records, articles, subject guides, and webinars.
Details at Eastman’s Online Genealogy Newsletter.