Leading family history website, Findmypast, has just announced that they will be making their entire collection of military records free for four days to coincide with Veterans Day 2016.
From 04:00 EST, 10th November until 18:59 GMT, 13th November 2016, all 70 million records within Findmypast’s “Military, Armed Forces and Conflict” category will be completely free to search and explore, providing family historians from around the globe the opportunity to uncover the stories of the military heroes within their own family. This will include free access to:
- Over 43 million US and Canada military records
- Over 1.3 million United States Army enlistment records
- Over 1.1 million United States Civil War Pension File Index records
- Over 89,000 Revolutionary War Pensions
- Millions of Civil War soldiers, sailors, veterans and medal records.
- Millions of records covering US forces in Korea, Vietnam and WW2
- Over 26.4 million British military Records including the most comprehensive collection of British Army service records both for WW1 and pre WW1 – these multiple page documents were released in partnership with The National Archives and are packed with fascinating biographical details such as the names and addresses of next of kin, physical descriptions and character references from commanding officers
- The most comprehensive British Royal Navy and Royal Air Force collections available online
- Over 2.6 million POW records in our exclusive Prisoners of War 1715-1945 collection.
- Over 1.1 million WW2 casualty recordsSoldiers Died In The Great War 1914-1919 records
- Over 1.5 million medal index cards, memorial rolls and roll of honour records
- Military tribunal records – the records of thousands of men who attempted to avoid conscription
- Military Nurses 1856-1994 records
Learn more at http://www.findmypast.com/military-records.