This week’s news and interesting articles related to genealogy . . .
- Thanks to ResearchBUZZ for this great tidbit . . . Centenary College of Louisiana has digitized almost 100 years’ worth of The New Orleans Christian Advocate, a weekly Methodist newspaper. “The online issues span 1850 to 1946 and total more than 46,000 pages of content. Researchers can now access these online, page through each volume, download a complete PDF, or search the full text version.”
- This week’s new batch of Findmypast Friday records includes the most complete collection of British War Office records relating to the Easter Rising and Irish War of Independence from 1916-1921. Also available to search this week are new additions to our collection of Scotland Registers & Records and 90 new volumes of British directories and almanacs.
- From Ancestry . . . We have overhauled the media upload experience to make it easier than ever to add photos and stories to your tree. With this update you can files by choosing files from your local drive, by dragging and dropping files into the uploader, or even just pasting in content from your clipboard. Below are some examples of how it is even easier to add content.
- How much do you know about GEDCOM? Keith at Genealogy Tools offers some interesting perspective.
- Considering options for publishing your family history? Lynn Palermo has some great ideas in an article posted at the MyCanvas blog.