Tried and True Tactics for Tracing Elusive Ancestors
Author: Marsha Hoffman Rising
Has your family history research hit a brick wall? Marsha Hoffman Rising’s best-selling book The Family Tree Problem Solver has the solutions to help you find the answers you seek.
Inside you’ll find:
- Ideas on how to find vital records before civil registration
- Tips for finding “missing” ancestors on censuses
- Instructions for investigating collateral kin to further your pedigree
- A look at advanced court records and how they can help you find answers
- Work-arounds for lost or destroyed records
- Techniques for correctly identifying and researching ancestors with common names
- Methods for finding ancestors who lived before 1850
- Case studies that show how to apply the author’s advice to real-life research roadblocks
- Strategies for analyzing your problem and creating a successful research plan
This revised edition also includes new information about online research techniques and a look at the role of DNA research. Plus you’ll find a glossary of genealogy terms and more than a dozen templates for charts and logs to help you organize and record your research. Let The Family Tree Problem Solver help you find the answers you need today.