Unlock new records in your family history research by understanding the historic events of your ancestors’ eras. This quick and convenient guide outlines the major political, military and social events in the United States from the colonial era through 1940. It also includes immigration trends and census dates to help you narrow your research focus and find genealogy records faster.
Use The Genealogist’s U.S. History Pocket Reference to find:
- Timelines, charts, quick lists and maps of major events.
- Popular foods, songs and books of each era.
- Timelines of wars and other military events.
- Dates for federal, state and special censuses.
- Immigration data including major ports and countries of origin.
…and so much more! Stash this indispensable book in your computer case, tote bag or, yes, your pocket, and take it with you wherever you research.